John Oliver shares some of his favorite completely made-up history facts.
Connect with Last Week Tonight online...
Subscribe to the Last Week Tonight YouTube channel for more almost news as it almost happens: www.youtube.com/user/LastWeekTonight
Find Last Week Tonight on Facebook like your mom would:
Follow us on Twitter for news about jokes and jokes about news:
Visit our official site for all that other stuff at once:
We will take matters into our own hands!
WE WILL MAKE UP THE 101 HISTORY LIES OURSELVES.
Okay, I'll start with 5, to get us going.
Please refrain from commenting about unrelated things ('Thanks' is fine, but "I want a boy/girlfriend, my e-mail is.." ' is not)
HISTORY LIES, HERE WE GO!
1. Did you know Cleopatra had special crows trained, so they could steal jewelry for her? Sometimes slaves or women would keep certain jewelry to themselves, if the crows detected they were wearing something shiny , they were trained to 'attack' and harass the person, untill they gave up the jewelry.
2. Albert Einstein was allergic to snow. The tiny snowflakes would be inhaled and would cause irritation on the inside of his nose and mouth. His blood-circulation wasn't great, causing the body to have problems dealing with the cold and therefore, the snowflakes would have a bigger effect on his skin and membranes.
3. Michelangelo dated a girl called Suzie Frigopharius for a long time. They never married and never had children, people assume their relationship did not involve any sexual intercourse. She was known for being a bit of a looney, She prefered to hang upside down, with her legs in the air, while tightly clenching herself on the cattlefence of the neighbours. In her own words, this helped; 'her brain cool off.'
People say it's where Michelangelo got the idea from, to paint on the ceiling, rather than a flat surface 'below' his face.
It also inspired him for "The Crucifixion of St Peter", one in which St Peter is hanging, upside down.
Michelangelo always told people he 'took care' of her, causing their bond to seem more like a friendship, rather than a relationship. Therefore, in any biographies about him, Suzie never gets mentioned.
4. A woman by the name of Berty Brott, actually changed her name to Marie Curie and became the scientific wonderwoman we know today. She never revealed her true name and also hid the fact she had only started this project, to eventually have enough money to buy a showercurtain with a print of horses holding umbrella's. It made her smile in the catalogue. She never got to buy it.
5. Before the sprinkles were invented, they came as long, thin sticks that you had to break into pieces yourself. It was seen as a treat for the very poor. Or for people that only needed a very small amount of chocolate, like for stracciatella icecream.
But since it usually broke into tiny bits, they decided to change them into the sprinkle-shape we know today!
Who continues? Number 6....
Youtube/Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Soundcloud Services for Sale
Youtube Video VIEW for Sale( 10000 Views for 11$)
Youtube Video LIKE for Sale( 1000 Likes for 3$)
YouTube Subscribers For Sale( 1000 Subscribers for 20$)
Instagram Followers for Sale( 1000 Followers for 3$)
Instagram Likes for Sale( 1000 Likes for 1$)
Twitter Followers for Sale( 1000 Followers for 2$)
Soundcloud Followers for Sale( 1000 Followers for 3$)
Facebook Fanpage Likes for Sale( 1000 Likes for 3$)
NOTICE: THIS SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR INDIA AND PAKISTAN
If u want to BUY Contact me Skype: [email protected],,com
or Email me [email protected],,com
WhatsApp Number +8801680470492
NO FREE SERVICE OR DEMO WILL BE GIVEN BEFORE PAYMENT(For demo Invest 1$ to Test if This Service is legit or not)
He should publish the book with an official cover and introduction and everything, but the first chapter is just one line reading "I lied again, there's really nothing here. Suck it fan who appreciated me enough to buy this." followed by several hundred blank pages.
One of the first German submarines sank because the captain didn't know how to use the flush.
How to build a flush in a submarine had been quite a question those days. In the end the flushes they used were to complicated you needed two people to operate them. The captain refused help and tried making it work himself, failed and as a consequence water got into the submarine. Directly under the toilet was the battery and to prevent a total catastrophe they had to rise up. 14 km from the British island. Needless to say they didn't survive that encounter
How to become bitcoin trader? Exactly like Bitcoin, multiple digital currencies exist in the marketplace. So if you prefer to buy a few other currencies which aren`t available on Indian Exchange than you can utilize Bittrex. All you have to do is locate an exchange that you favor. Cryptocurrency exchanges have a massive potential to modify peoples minds and opinions concerning cryptocurrencies generally speaking and their application in actual life. So even in the event the exchange is attacked, its still true that you have your money. Furthermore, the exchanges prepare each and every industry for Bitcoin expansion. Existing stock exchanges will also compete to be able to fulfill the users configuration requirements. Sooner or later later on, the prices will grow more equal, meeting somewhere in the middleyour profit is equivalent to the quantity of convergence. No matter how far it is from Kijun, it is likely to return and test that level at some point. The amount of bitcoin is perpetually changing. In the US, it is 1000 USD. Whats even better, seek the services of a seasoned lawyer or at least ask for an in depth consultation. So youve read the newspaper about the meteoric growth of crypto currencies including Bitcoin or Ripple. Then coming up with 1000s of exchange rates simply to go out and get groceries is nearly impossible. Many cities around the world provide a bitcoin ATM where you are able to trade cash for bitcoin. The cryptocurrency world isn`t efficient.